The Harvard Undergraduate Council is offering applications for its UC Grants. The UC Grants – Harvard Undergraduate Council are open to only officially acknowledged student groups in good standing with the Office of Student Life can apply for UC grants.
Established in 1982, the Harvard Undergraduate Council is the delegate student government of Harvard College. Also referred to as UC, it’s chiefly liable for advocacy on behalf of students and funding student activities on campus.
A great option to get financial assistance for undergraduate study with Harvard.
- Club Sports: Approved club sports teams will receive a maximum of $1,000 – $2,000 in UC funding per semester
- Student Publications: The Finance Committee will fund up to $500 for 1 issue of a publication per semester.
- Musical and Theatrical Performances: UC will fund a maximum of 60% of the performance/intellectual property rights.
- Food: The Finance Committee funds food and beverages for events.
- Competition, Registration, Admissions, and Entrance Fees: The Finance Committee will fund up to one such fee per organization per semester. Entrance fees to events that are directly related to the purpose of the organization, such as conferences and competitions, will be funded at most $25 per participant per event up to 25 students.
- Application deadlines are every Sunday at 11:59 pm. Applications must be submitted by this deadline to interview that week.
- Retroactive grant applications may be submitted up to 21 days after the event takes place, as long as they are submitted by the application deadline for the semester.
- The application deadline for each semester will be decided and publicized by the Finance Committee at the beginning of the semester.
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- University or Organization: The Harvard Undergraduate Council, Inc.
- Department: NA
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: US Citizen
- Grant can be taken in the United States
UC Grants – Harvard Undergraduate Council Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Submissions will be accepted only from across the United States.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for undergraduate study in any subject
- Admissible Criteria: Only officially recognized student groups in good standing with the Office of Student Life may apply for UC grants. However, only projects or events meeting the following criteria are eligible to receive funding:
- The student group accepts membership from all Harvard College students. Student groups requiring “comps” for new membership must take all members who complete the comp process.
- The entirety of the project must occur during the period between the first day after the shopping period and the final day of classes, inclusive. These dates can be found on Harvard’s Five-Year Calendar. For instance, events occurring during summer or winter break, or during the reading period, are ineligible for funding.
- Student groups must acknowledge the Undergraduate Council visibly on all publicity materials and all programs for shows and events.
- Clubs that are in bad standing will be unable to receive UC Finance Committee funding until either a hearing by two unaffiliated Finance Committee members is completed. Clubs can enter bad status by not submitting receipts, not returning unused funds to the UC Finance Committee, or failing to complete compulsory sexual assault prevention training if mandated by the UC Finance Committee.
- How to Apply for the UC Grants – Harvard Undergraduate Council: Grant submissions must be submitted using the Finance Committee’s Grant Application Form, which can be found at http://bit.ly/harvardgrants.
- Supporting Documents: All student groups are required to fill out and submit a Completed Project Form for each project or event receiving funding from the Undergraduate Council. This form is available at ly/harvardcomplete.
- Entry Requirements: NA
- Language Requirement: Must have excellent English language proficiency