"Really scared" says Kilian, Bundesliga's first coronavirus case
The first Bundesliga player to test positive for coronavirus said on Monday he had been "really scared" as he suffered from the illness.
Paderborn's Luca Kilian, 20, was the first case of COVID-19 in the German top-flight which has been postponed until at least April 2 due to the pandemic.
The Germany Under-21 international had missed seven matches since suffering a muscle injury in late-January but his club's last match was the March 6 loss to Cologne.
"It started on March 10 with a little bit of irritation in the throat. The day after I had a headache but I kept training" he told newspaper Westfalen-Blatt
"On March 12 I had the first of my hot flushes and a day later they were really strong. Fever and strong shivers. It was then I started being really scared for the first time.
"It took four days for the fever to drop, and after that, I felt better every day," he added.
Defender Kilian, who joined the league's bottom club from home town side Borussia Dortmund at the start of the season, was able to return home to his family to be taken care of by his mother, a nurse.
"If I had stayed alone in Paderborn I would have gone to the hospital,"
"I can now talk from experience. I'm a sportsman and in form, but I had to fight a lot against the virus. For the people who already have health issues, it could put their lives in danger."
As of late Sunday, 55 people in Germany have died of the disease with 18,610 recorded cases and Chancellor Angela Merkel was in quarantine after meeting a doctor who tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Earlier in the day, Merkel announced a ban on public gatherings of more than two people and further infection control measures.[NewsNaira]
Share this article!
Others are also reading
Manchester United in strong position to land top transfer target for bargain £63million Read More3 hours ago
Chelsea 'prepared to cut their losses on Tiemoue Bakayoko and accept £20m' with AC Milan favourites Read More3 hours ago
Arsenal, West Ham, Palace-Linked Playmaker Eze Chooses His Preferred Destination Read More3 hours ago
What is News₦aira Income Program(News₦IP)
News₦aira Income Program (News₦IP) is a system aimed at raising revenue for registered users that browse the NewsNaira Website. An online program driven by a goal of solving the financial problems among the youths, students, middle class and whoever wishes to take advantage of earning opportunity and making money online legitimately in Nigeria as it creates the channel for participants to earn residual income on weekly basis.
How News₦IP Works
News₦aira has 2 means of generating income for our members.
News₦AP: NewsNaira Affiliate Program - With News₦AP, participants earns ₦1,000 whenever they refer anyone to join NewsNaira Income Program. There is no limit to how many people you can refer.
News₦ARS: NewsNaira Ad Revenue Sharing - With News₦ARS, participants earns residual income bonus by reading news, commentting on articles, publishing forum posts, daily login to their NewsNaira account, and even sharing assigned sponsored post on social media.
We share our ads revenue with you weekly when you make NewsNaira community your news and information household.